12 August 2007

When Lightning Strikes Her

I paused and took some moment to breathe. When was the last time I heard myself breathing? When was the last time I strolled and did not pace? When was the last time I looked myself in the mirror? When was the last time I took a halt? And got a real rest?


There are things that have to be done regardless of what your soul truly feels. You have to because you are obliged to do it. You have to because you will be guilt-stricken if you cannot fulfill that obligation. Life is a mystery, indeed - we have the freedom of choice, but we just cannot choose the one that we really want to choose.


When was the last time I bought myself a pair of expensive shoes? When was the last time I promised myself to buy new sneakers? When was the last time I watched movies in surround sound theater?


When was the last time I laughed my heart out until I shimmered my eyes with tears? When was the last time I hugged a person and felt the warmth of assurance?


I have been so busy lately that I lost track of choices that I really want to choose. I shut my windows so hard that I walked passed through a lot of beautiful and heart-warming chances of what living should be all about.
Tomorrow...I will start living again. Tomorrow, I will attend my tito's birthday and taste my good friend's latest recipe. I will not touch the computer. I will watch my favorite tv show until I will fall into slumber and dream away.
Tomorrow I will resign from a job which I got not a long time ago. After all, living is not really how much money I have right now, but it is more about the people who I crazily love in this crazy world.

1 comment:

Issa Jimenez said...

Such a beautiful post! And so true. What's the sense of getting a good promotion and a fat paycheck when living life in the fast lane drives you at your wit's end.

Miss you, Lyj. Hope this time imo nako isuroy sa camotes! Grade 4 pa man ka sige adto wala gyud nangimbitar!!